View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 01:58 AM       
Well according to what ive read it does run on vista (what i've read is about 100 people saying they have vista but it works) but fathom zero's the pro.

what kind of laptop do you have? What happens when it crashes? have you tried changing compatability mode even though that usually doesnt do shit? Is your vista updated? You got direct x updated/your video drivers updated? And some people say you need ageiaphysix but i dunno about that :O QUESSSSTIOOOONS. before you do all that i would try turning user account control off though.

Quote:
WINDOWS VISTA OR WINDOWS 7 USERS: Launching “Mass Effect” from Steam requires the setting “Run as Administrator”. If the User Account Control feature of Windows Vista is enabled, launching “Mass Effect” from Steam will result in failure. For users with User Account Control enabled, launch Steam using the “Run as Administrator” option or launch from the windows shortcut.
you should just turn run as administrator on the mass effect launcher, the .exe that actually loads the game AND steam i guess ;/ you're launching from steam right? :O

THATS ALL THE CRAP I WOULD START WITH IF I WERE YOU You can also turn off user account controls entirely which might make it easier for you. To do that open the microsoft security center which you can access through the control panel. Then click other security options or something and that should be one of the options. IF THAT DOESNT HELP ILL TRY TO GIVE YOU SOME OTHER SUGGESTIONS.