View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 11:20 PM       
Quote:
What makes you think that robo-bodies would be easier to create than spaceships?
All your arguments are picking on stupid details ;/ The nearest star is like 5 light years away which would take like 30 years or something i don't know the calculation but it would be a very long time. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HUMANS CAN DEAL WITH THIS PSYCHOLOGICALLY OR BIOLOGICALLY? Some people theorize some type of hibernation to over-come this, but what type of life is that, and how healthy physically and psychologically.

I don't know personally I think space travel is ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING.

And it doesn't have to be completely robotic, I only brought up the completely robotic thing to show you how far it could go, potentially, since all your arguments were like HAY THARS STILL LIKE 2 BIOLOGICAL CELLS IN THER THATS HUMAN.

It's not like transhumanism is going to drastically depart from the details of being human, just like, if a new evolution occured which "advanced the species," in a purely biological way it could POSSIBLY (LOOK AT THE WORD POSSIBLY) be considered transhuman; but regardless, it is a different species yet it will still share many qualities with humans, just like chimps do.

Quote:
And who would be the one to decide what drives and desires should be eradicated in the first place? Who is going to put force their view of morality upon the masses by tinkering with their brains?
How is this even remotely relevant to the fact that it could happen and according to most of the standards you set and the standard i set and you refused to agree or disagree with it's done shut up don't insult my intelligence when you're not even arguing ;/

I like how you go from me talking about poverty and starvation to CONTROLING THE MASSES MINDS WITH BRAIN CONTROL VIA ROBOTIFICATION. It's possible people could CHOOSE to become robotic or some kind of mixture of the two, for benefits for themselves and family. In fact, in modern times, haven't people installed chips or something in their child's brain which is supposed to make them smarter?

Furthermore, I like how you ignore good parts of an argument such as the fact that it could help to equalize intelligence and physical abilities, and your only point in return is that WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO CONTROL PEOPLES MINDS LIKE THAT? then declare me stupid. Sounds like a strawman.

I'm only doing you a favor by arguing with you so dont be a fallacious jerk