View Single Post
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 07:43 PM       
Brock Lesnar is detested for a couple of reasons, Zomboid.

#1a: He came in as a freak show so to speak. He's a mountain of a man who use to be a former pro wrestler for the WWE. A lot of people feel that he's more of a gimmick than anything else.

#1b: When he came in he was already a popular entity, so he had a couple fights and immediately got a title shot. Lots o' folks felt that he leap frogged a bunch of people to get a title shot instead of "paying his dues." Some guys in the UFC have had three times the number of fights he had at that time and still didn't get a shot. Title shots are generally based on what you've done to earn one and not how popular you are with the general public. Well, in theory at least.

#2: He routinely shows no class. When he does interviews he isn't afraid to show his ass to the general public. That's fine to be yourself, but a lot of people don't like that. Fighters generally show a great deal of respect towards each other and their fights, so when you have somebody who is such a "heel" all the time it's easier to dislike him. Sometimes I think he acts the way he does so he can sell more tickets.

#3: He's massive. He probably fights around 285ish+. His last opponent, Frank Mir, weighs in at about 240, so it's very hard to have competetive fights when one fighter out weighs the other by such a huge amount. This isn't Brock's fault, but rather the UFC needs a Super HW class. The problem with that is there is such a lack of talent already at the 220+ mark that a 245+ weight class would be a giant freak show.

#4: He has a giant d*ck tattoo on his chest. Seriously, it looks like a giant di*k.

Those are pretty much the main ones you'll hear.

I think he's extremely gifted genetically and athletically. The guy owned face in college wrestling, almost made it to the Vikings(motorcycle crash sidelined that dream), and gained a ton of noteriety through the WWE due to his physique. He's more human than human in some respects, he's a monster of a man for sure. I don't care for him that much personally because of his pompous attitude. I feel that Fedor or Overeem are the only fighters that can currently give him a run for his money. I can't stress enough how much his size plays into how well he does. I think his chin hasn't been tested(Shane Carwin will test it eventually I hope) and he has some more fights to have before I jump on the Brock Bandwagon.

And, anybody who wears Affliction or Tapout gear sits down when they pee. S*its gay.