View Single Post
Bahmo is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 06:58 PM       
Slurs alone aren't offensive, so if you read my comments dissing on the people who think the book Huck Finn is offensive, you'd know I actually agree with you on that one. (Don't get used to it!)

The point is really that Tom Sawyer is a more arguably-racist book because it actually portrays the minority as the villain, whereas Huck Finn is progressive in its views, yet the former is considered a classic halmark of children's literature, while the latter gets slammed as racist. Still, I do apologise for steering the thread off course, as I actually did enjoy those books.

So, to get it back to basics, anyone else forced to read The Abolition of Man? I fucking hated it. It's not that I disagree with the points it advanced, so much as the percieved reason it did so. Basically a bunch of Christian propaganda against moral relativism, and almost the entire first chapter is a bunch of babbling that's barely even relevent to that point. I never really liked the Narnia series, either, so reading this book pretty-much sealed my opinion of C. S. Lewis.