View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 07:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post
I'm glad they've gotten to more sane and less shitty narratives. I was pleasantly surprised by 12 amazingly relatable and break away story. Leaving behind the traditional antagonist being sorcery, the end of the world, super beasts, ultimate evil, or unhappy thoughts, and taking on the refreshing and simple goal as preventing war was the biggest step in the right direction square made in that game of many good steps.
Iīm really suprised to read something like this, because what you said there is the whole reason I hate 12.
Itīs boring, unepic, with a totally forgettable war-story that could have been told in a minor JRPG. Using a Final Fantasy for such a bland and uninteresting story always felt like a total waste to me. Honestly, to me, even FF1īs Story is more interesting.

FF12: "There is a war coming and we have these totally unoriginal Empire-guys that fly around in warships that are named after Summons that donīt appear in this game. Only an extremely bland and boring cast of people you donīt care about can save the uninteresting world of Ivalice that was already uninteresting when we used it in 3 FF-Tactics games! Get to it!"

Me: "...no."

I donīt know how many times I tried to play 12...I always quit out of sheer boredom or because the cast annoys the hell out of me. Of course the presentation is good, I like the settings you visit, like the jail or Rabanastre itself but...they donīt do anything interesting with it. Thereīs no "Fantasy" to it.