View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 07:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Quote:
And as for her qualifications, she has been the wife of a governor and a president (better credentials than Elizabeth Dole for one),
So what? Seriously, how does that qualify her for a damn thing? We all know what Bill got away with under her nose.
How is his infidelity relevant at all...? I mean, I know folks on the Right have this exaggerated hatred for the Clintons, but come on.

The crux of this entire thread was celebrities, and the merit that should be given to their opinions. Hilary has had an active role in the positions her husband held, and whether you like her or not, she knows politics. She isn't Johnny Depp, she isn't Sonny Bono, she is a democratically elected official for the people of NYS. It's her JOB to speak up against executive policies, and any further comparisons to people like Bono or Depp should just be dismissed.

Quote:
Quote:
she is/was an attorney
Mediocre at best. A friend of mine is in the Army reserves and is under the command of a general who was at her old firm. He said he has no idea how that woman became a lawyer. Apparently she wasn't that good at that, either.
Yeah, and my state and local government teacher was the lawyer for Jake Gunther. Apparently he was a great guy (R.I.P.). Who cares what people say? Have you (or I, for that matter) passed the bar? Was your buddy elected by thousands of New Yorkers? Again, the excuses and comparisons are lame, and really just reveal a slightly creepy obsession with the Clintons....

Quote:
Quote:
and is fairly well versed in politics and the law
Just look at her shining record with Whitewater and healthcare. Thats well versed?
If you mean her (formerly) being a proponent of a nationalized system, I fail to see your point. I realize conservatives tend to be the self-appointed experts on public policy, but it seems to work for other industrialized nations, and President Bush's recent strides in medicare coverage show that even he sees the need for a more interventionist policy in healthcare.

Whitewater: As far as scandals go, the Bushs, Reagans, and Nixons of the nation had and have their fair share of them, and nobody is bringing their free speech credibility into question.

Quote:
Quote:
And back to her not being from the state, I'm fairly certain that before she ran she had a team of experts, pollsters, and fellow elected officials bring her up to speed on NY politics and issues
Larry Flint is more qualified in California than she is here.
Was Bobby Kennedy inept at his elected position...?

Quote:
Quote:
I'm willing to bet that she knew just as much, perhaps even more, than that jackass from Long Island Rick Lazio.
she wasn't going up against anyone when she started. The only strong Republican in NY was Guiliani, and most people thought he was going to wait out his term before running for Senate. And Lazio would have had a better chance had Rudy dropped out earlier.
Please. Giuliani and Lazio are both New Yorkers, which according to your logic should've been enough. Lazio outspent her by roughly $10 million, and he and Giuliani collectively spent roughly $60 million to try to beat her. Lazio was incompetent, and a bad candidate, period.

Quote:
Face it, the only reason she got as far as she has is because she latched onto the penis that stumbled its way into the White House.
Maybe, but that's often the case with politics. Fame and association often takes priority over intelligence, leadership skills, and management ability. Again, so what? Where's the precedent being set??