Thread: FFX-2
View Single Post
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:37 AM       
Les, you have to realize that the American market for games like that at the time was questionable at best. Hell, we didn't get the first FF game until almost 3 years later. Then we missed FF 2 and 3, and then finally got FF4 (EasyType). It was all because the US market was very iffy.

That said, in the case of FF5, it goes that many people felt it was too difficult, and US gamers wouldn't like it. That's why it was skipped. Similar reasons were involved as to why we got FF4 EasyType for the SNES instead of the original version.

As for SoM, I agree. That game is definitely one of the best ones ever. I haven't played Seiken Densetsu 3 (technically, Secret of Mana 2), but you might want to look into that. And as far as I'm concerned, Kingdom Hearts plays a lot like SoM would if they made a 3D sequel to the series (minus the ability to have your friends join in). Definitely get that game, as it's the best.

I don't really understand the backlash for the series at all. I've been a fan since FF6, and I enjoy everything the games bring to the series. Well, not EVERYTHING. But I mean, there isn't a game in the main series I can look down upon (except FF2). I enjoyed 8, 9, and 10 very much. More so than 7, which I felt was a shaky transition into the new medium. But even the worst FF game is still one of the best RPGs ever (except FF2).

So what exactly is it about each game that you people hate so much? Spoiler free reasons, of course. I still haven't beaten 8 or 9.