View Single Post
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 06:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest
At the risk of sounding redundant: taking into account that Immortal Goat does not intend to game on this laptop, what can a PC offer him that a Mac can't? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like Immortal Goat needs a simple, stable, compact (have you looked at those Dell behemoths?) laptop for surfing, word processing, listening to mp3s, and watching movies. Please tell me how a Mac would have trouble with this, because to me you just come off as someone who is extremely biased yet has little experience in what they are talking about. Anti-Mac zealots are just as irritating as Mac zealots.
My opinion has been formed over 15 years of using both Macs and PCs. Sorry to burst your bubble, dude, but I probably know what I'm talking about when it comes to computers than most people on this board put together.

There's no problem fitting a Dell/Compaq/Sony/whatever laptop in a schoolbag. I know people who do it every day. Hell, you don't even need a full-on laptop; there's plenty of smaller notebook or tablets available on the market.

Here's what what a Mac can give over a PC: non-standard proprietary bullshit hardware and no software to run on it.
By going with a PC, you'll get something that will lasts longer (better and faster hardware means that you'll still be able to run the latest software for a couple years) and is infinitely more versatile. With a PC, you get CHOICE... not what some Apple exec signed off on as being trendy or "cool."

As for tough laptops, Toshiba still makes their Toughbooks as far as I know, but you probably have to special order them.