View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 06:37 PM       
I had a couple of friends once who would keep pestering the live ebay help people. At least, I think it was ebay.

Anyway, there was some link that would open up a chat window and someone would be all, "Hi, I'm Dave! How can I help you today?"

I can't remember how long it took but one friend eventually established that the whole ebay help chat thing was manned by a relatively small group of people, presumably at cubicles in the same room. Sometimes you'd get Dave, sometimes you'd get John, sometimes Eva or Courtney. So he'd get Dave and ask some question, and then he'd say something like, "I don't like your answer. Let me talk to Eva."

It got to where he was egging these people on against each other and Courtney would tell you that Dave was cute but she liked John better. It was entertaining until they discontinued the feature, or at least changed it so he couldn't talk to the same group anymore.