View Single Post
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2009, 11:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Lost is probably my least favourite TV show because of the amount of time people spend discussing it as if it actually has a point. Each episode has about 3 sub-plots that ultimately go nowhere for the sole purpose of making people say "oooooohhhhh, this is so confusing! Where will this crazy roller-coaster ride of a TV show go next?!".

The thing is I'm not convinced it's going anywhere - it's just a series of unrelated "spooky" events (that are only "spooky" because of the discordant cello music they play in the background) that they later link though some tenuous encounter or lingering shot at the end of an episode.
you sound like someone who hasn't watched the show at all. The first few seasons were all about getting to know the characters and their unique histories. I never watched a show where you get to see the different backgrounds of characters before they met. And how can your opinion on a the quality of a show be affected by fans who discuss it. Thats the fun of a show with unanswered questions and since your not a fan of Lost i don't know how you would even get involved in a discussion on it. And I'm pretty sure most shows, especially science fiction shows, have a die hard fan base that love discussing unimportant things about the fictional world so you must be seeking out these Lost discussions or are just bitter you never started to watch and enjoy a great show.