View Single Post
Forum Virgin
boltox is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:09 PM       
Okay, I've been wanting to post on here for a while and I've finally taken the time to register, hooray!

Now, I've been a Punisher fan for quite some time now and while I enjoyed his pre-Ennis life, I really think that Ennis' version of the character is the one to beat. The Punisher was travelling down a pretty crappy road before Ennis took over the reins. Remember the ectoplasmic gun-toting Heaven's hitman angle that was beyond shitty and almost universally despised? And that was after most of the Punisher titles were canned due to sagging sales. That was Marvel's attempt at revitalizing the character initially.

Then Ennis came along. Ennis focused the character, cut the fat off and started almost carte blanche with his "Marvel Knights" series. His run on that was pretty good, not great and I only say this in comparison to his MAX series. Finally the Punisher got the series he deserved, the treatment he needed after years of beating around the bush.

This is the best Punisher book ever. Well, it was. It makes me cringe now when I read the latest War Journal series or see him get flatten by little girls (albeit super-powered ones)in the 616. Frank just doesn't have a home there anymore in my opinion.