View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 09:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by some girl named lauren View Post
I think the first one had a few "jumpy" moments but you get used to them after a while, regardless of whether you're playing or observing. I didn't see the "horror" or the "fear" in that. So is it scarier and/or more horrific than the first? It sounds "weaker." Do we still get mutant weirdos and damaged creepy mannequins? Or a need to collect dead birds? Those things at least qualify as "unsettling."
In terms of scares, I'd have to say that the original has more. There are some in the sequel where they try to scare you as in the original, but the scares are mostly confined to a few dream sequences. Plus, since you eventually learn more about what's going on, there isn't that fear of the unknown factor that the original had.

Mutant weirdoes still abound, and the mannequins appear briefly in one scene that seems more like a tribute to the original than anything else.

And the dead birds are still around, but you learn fairly early why they're dead, and it simply becomes a matter of going after the cause.