View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 11:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Explain to me how suspending 5 players for the NEXT season but allowing them to play in a BCS bowl game isn't complete bullshit? Oh I now, it's because Tressell was so desperate for that illusive SEC win that he was willing to throw integrity and his own self-built image out the window by letting those guys play. I guess I really can't blame him though as OSU gets demolished had the players been suspended. It's a load cf crap and the NCAA is once again turning a blind eye to one of the big dogs.
Convenient that you forget those in charge of the BCS had more to do with that decision than anyone else and they insisted that those 5 OSU players be allowed to play because it would hurt network ratings if they were removed from the bowl game.

Follow the money, you'll see what really goes on and how the NCAA is really ran. You see a dirty coach, I see a pragmatic man who decided that if the SEC can get away with it in the open, then why should he not try to get some stuff over on the sly to level the field. The reason the SEC's actions are constantly swept under the rug is they make the NCAA a load of cash.

Follow the money and you see why Gee didn't bother with a larger punishment against Tressel. This is why if the NCAA drops the hammer on OSU they are being hypocrites and favoring the SEC. They created this mess when they got in bed with the BCS and now they have to balance the spinning plates they created.

And as for the pulling stuff out of thin air, Auburn knew about Cam Newton's past, and if they did not they are very bad at research. Yet they pushed their chips to the table and kept him playing anyway. The reason? Because there was a ton of money to be made and a national championship to be won. Follow the money.

You say Tressel is dirty but he's not unique, for example Pete Carrol fled to the NFL when he saw the writing on the wall. Speaking of fleeing what is Urban Meyer fleeing from? Because I don't for a second buy his reason for his abrupt departure. If I can see that sitting here, you bet the NCAA can too. But you can also bet there's more than a good chance they will not be pursuing it further (just like with Auburn). Not if you follow the money.