View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 02:57 AM       
I just finished Metro 2033 after powering through it over two nights.

I have to say that I'm incredibly impressed with it. It's pretty much a linear STALKER, gussied up a bit. There were a few plotholes, major ones at that, but I loved a lot of it and felt better sneaking around in this game than I did in Dishonored. Maybe it's because I'm not a superhero in 2033 and am not invulnerable with crazy teleportation abilities. I dunno. But I can say that it's good enough to get me excited for the sequel, if it's ever released.

At the end, I was left wondering more about Khan and the Dark Ones and the Anomalies and why they all seemed connected. Or perhaps there was no connection and Khan was just a philosophy buff.

Also, I got the impression from a lot of people that it was difficult, but at the end I had around 600 military grade rounds and nothing to spend them on, as I'd already picked up the biggest, bestest weapons already.

There were some tense times when I was low on ammo, though. My favorite part was when I had to sneak through a Communist checkpoint into the Nazi section of the Metro and I had limited ammo. Not that I could use it, anyway, as the enemies were everywhere and my weapons weren't silenced. Everything except for my throwing knives, which I launched from the dark at unsuspecting spinal columns. The thunk noise as it hits a soldier the back will never get old.