View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM       
Dr. Forrester has various punishments for Joel/Mike not watching the movies, including shutting off the oxygen and electrically shocking him. And yes, I know those are fatal but the series tended to have the audiences suspend belief. As the opening song says "Remember this is just a show. You should really just relax"

Interestingly, a deleted scene in the movie nearly has Mike die of air loss, but that's because the oxygen tank breaks and not because of Forrester.

Oh, and he did seem to use a gumball machine to make Tom Servo. One of Joel's characteristics was that he was a tinkerer and inventor. He worked as a janitor for Forrester, but the scientist didn't like him so Joel was shot into space as a test subject. It's possible that he's smarter than the Mads.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.