Thread: Wag the dog
View Single Post
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 05:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy
but what really struck (no pun) me the most me was that they needed a pretext to start a war on terrorism which later lead to invasion in iraq, the country that had nothing to do with 9/11. Was 9/11 the first day the rest of our lives that the us government are attempting to spread world wide democracy to form one nation, one government in the new millennium?
no, we needed a pretext for the war on terror because our society has become pacifistic to a fault and disgustingly complacent. we have riots and protests and people calling for the violent overthrow of our government over 2,000 casualties. looking back not even 100 years ago, I find British headlines lamenting the 500,000 casualty! complacency and decadence have brought down the most powerful nations in history, yet so many think that it won't happen to us or that the world will be better off without us. fucking lunacy.