View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 07:46 AM       
So yesterday there was an "official" NHL bus parked in the parking lot of a discount motel in our dinky little town.

Once I got over the little thrill of seeing it, I was mainly trying to figure out what the fuck. It said, "Wolves" on the side. I know of the Chicago Wolves, but they're AHL and Chelios plays for them now and fuck that.

Our little town has a modest ice rink and a goodly-sized high school hockey team. I know they regularly play people from fairly far away...I just watched a televised game against some high school from Quebec a month ago. But somehow I don't see NHL scouts coming on a bus to see it. I looked up the ice rink's schedule and there's some conference going on there right now, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with hockey. And I looked up the Wolves' schedule and they're playing in Milwaukee or Milwaukee is playing them at home or something. So it remains, what the fuck.

Of course, it would have been a little weird seeing Chris Chelios at the walmart or something. (Walmart's across the street from the shitty little motel). Probably by the fucking lobster tank omg inside joke from oldentimes in Chicago.