View Single Post
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 03:46 PM       
You speak of the doom-death movement. No, that's not what I refer to. I'm not really a fan of alot of that, trust me on this, there IS good doom metal. (Sorry Cathedral just don't do it for me, I HATE Dorrian's vox). Yes Electric Wizard was once considered doom, but they're moseying on over to the stoner rock trend. As far as doom bands that may be considered psychedelic, it really depends on what you're looking for. Alot of lyrics are considered as such but there are quite a few bands that are psychedelic in music arrangements. I can give some examples but I'd have to know what someone is looking for. A 60s psych groove? Bizarre lyrics or vocals? It's all speculation. Pentagram is an excellent example or alot of it, they're older than dirt and it's said older than Black Sabbath but that too is speculation, they've been around forever, are doom, and are completely psychedelic being that the singer is/was a heroin junkie and is now a crack head. The early stuff is incredible. Human Hurricane baby.
Another good candidate for something psychedelic and metal might be Psychotic Waltz. Excellent band, and very weird.