View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
DEAR ROGER, HOWSA IT GOIN?
It'sa goin' aok, buddy. Halloween season 'tis upon us, and I'm already having a lot o' fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
DEAR ROGER,

DO YOU LIKE CORDUROY AND/OR PAISLEY?

Also, I'm into chessboxin'. Stuff's great.
I used to LOVE corduroy pants when I was a kid. I would purposefully stand in place while running fast as I can just to make noise with the pants. Don't think I ever owned anything with a paisley pattern though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
hey man you like booberry and shit
That's the word on the street. You can always trust the word on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Hey Roger what's your favourite time of year?
My favourite time of the year is when I get to type "favourite" instead of "favorite" in a sentence. So my favourite time of the year is apparently now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
How long did it take to fully adjust living on the west coast after living on the east coast for so long?
It definitely wasn't an immediate thing. When we first moved out here, we moved to Glendale into a temporary month-to-month apartment because we had no idea where we wanted to live. The movers kept all of our stuff in storage for months until we figured out where we wanted to live. Until then, we were sleeping on an inflatable mattress, ate dinner on the floor, and the only furniture we had was a wobbly folding card table for each computer. Eventually, we settled on moving into a place in Burbank, and we loved it there, but decided to move to WeHo (loved it there too) about a year later. It wasn't until we were in West Hollywood for a year or two that we were both fully adjusted to living out here. I think I adjusted faster because I generally hate cold winter weather, and the constant 70 degrees with no humidity perfection that they have out here was very welcome.

Still, coming from a place as boring as Richmond, VA... it was a big adjustment. I just wasn't used to having so many options for things to do, places to eat, and locations to visit. So yeah, life got way busier in many ways. Taking my time to drive across the country with Re was the most fun I've had in my entire life and I hope to do it again some day. I'm really glad we came out here and, even for a nomad like me, it's hard to imagine living anywhere outside of California now.