Thread: CAFE MOMENTS
View Single Post
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas View Post
I'm a two-time barista and my eavesdroppings (hahahahahahahahaha) have been pretty unremarkable. A while ago I remembered a cafeteria moment when I overheard this:

"Ever notice that we call our Women Studies department 'Gender Studies' just to keep people from complaining that we don't have a Men Studies department?"
-"Actually, we DO have a Men Studies department, but we call it 'History'"

I actually had my Women's Studies prof. use that joke on the first day of class, and then a couple of the people who were in the program explained to the rest of us about how all men were out to rape all women, in one way or another. The four guys who had elected to take the class squirmed around. I don't recall doing very well, grades-wise.

I worked as a barista while I was pregnant with my daughter, and ignoring the fact that working around coffee while you cannot drink coffee is a good way to drive yourself bonkers, apparently being pregnant is some form of communicable disease, the way that people would get uncomfortable about it. Seriously uncomfortable, asking me when I due and suggesting that maybe I should go out on maternity leave or something.