Thread: ROCK BAND
View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 15th, 2007, 04:50 AM       
I played Rock Band last night for the first time, and while it's way better than Guitar Hero (a game I can't get into) since you actually get to do Karaoke with it I still wish there was an alternate version of the games for real musicians. Yes, I realize I probably sound like the old dad in that SP episode or something when he tries showing the kids how he can play a real guitar... but damnit, if they made a version of this game with a REAL guitar instead of the stupid 5-button shit, I'd be all over that.

I was in a Japanese arcade a few weeks back and they had a game like this with a full piano keyboard that you had to play and I thought it was great because it's actually teaching people to learn an instrument while they play. So I see no reason why somebody couldn't do a game like this for real guitarists. It'd be such a great way to get people to learn to play real instruments.

I guess it's a lot like Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing... learning typing isn't a fun thing, but the Mavis Beacon program made it fun and as a result I eventually became speedy as hell. I can only imagine what a game that makes learning to play a real guitar fun like that would do for a person's skills.

(btw, if such a game does already exist, I'm unaware of it, so please lemme know)