View Single Post
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 08:27 PM       
I just finished reading the first series, I liked it a lot. There's a whole lot of stuff in the trailer that isn't in the comic, though, so I'm not sure if all that "panel by panel adaptation" talk is true. Unless one of the other series takes place over the same time the first one does. If not, they're probably taking one of the other stories and merge it with the original. Which would make sense, seeing how there really isn't enough story in it to sustain a movie.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Elijah Wood as Kevin. It's a small role, but it's a perfect choice post-LotR. I'm having more trouble picturing Rutger Hauer as cardinal Roark, but that probably has a lot to do with Micky Rourke looking so much like Marv it's crazy. When you go from that to Hauer playing a barely five-foot-tall squat little bastard with round features, it has to feel a bit wrong. Still, good to see Hauer is getting work.

By the way, I saw Spun not too long ago, and it wasn't a very good movie. At all. And I hate Leguizamo. But Rourke was so fantastic in it it really opened my eyes. Through role choices and interviews he's earned a pretty bad reputation, but the guy is a pretty great actor when it comes down to it.