View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 06:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx View Post
Then I'll answer for you, because you seem to be all tapped out.

1979 marked the ISLAMIC REVOLUTION.

Like Max, you've proven that you wrap your head around stubborn opinions that have no basis in reality. If you don't understand the settlement movement, religious Zionism, and we know you already got schooled on the facts of the first intifada... then why are you pretending your opinions are informed ones?

My rebutal still stands wether we're talking about bombs or energy:

If you can't argue your point any further, then go whimper with Max and Ziggy.
Whatever. I stopped posting on that other thread, not because I'd been "schooled," but because I'd said pretty much everything I had to say on the topic. Same thing here. I'm not trying to change your mind about anything. That would be pretty stupid, wouldn't it? Do you honestly think you've changed my mind? Are you that stupid? When that day comes, I promise I'll tell you, openly and honestly.

I didn't answer your question because I have no desire to go running with you through the woods at night for no particular reason. THE 1979 ISLAMIC REVOLUTION! Whooptie-doo. I'll PM you a cookie. So what now? I was young, but I can remember when that happened. You? It was a very complicated time that was part of the complicated era in which 2007 is just a small part. Did you think that I haven't already addressed that religion is the smokescreen obscuring the fundamentally political aspect of this conflict? I did, y'know. Did you read that when I wrote it? It doesn't seem so.

As long as you choose to demand that everyone see this as a religious conflict, the only possible resolution is for one side to suffer a total defeat. If you want to drink the Kool-aid and wish yourself into a reality where Muslims are all 100% evil and 1000% unredeemable, go right ahead. Don't expect me to follow. When you go too far off that cliff, I'll stop discussing whatever we're talking about.

You may know a lot about it, but you have a caveman's attitude about the Israeli conflict. Thank God the Israelis running the show over there aren't as stubborn and hard-headed as you for the most part, no offense. You simply will never beat a dog into liking you. I'm not saying the West could offer Muslim extremists enough candy to make all the problems go away, and I'm certainly not advocating appeasement, but I figure the right way is somewhere between that and total annihilation of all Muslims. Sometimes I wonder where you stand on that.

Now, I have to go out of town for a few days, so when you respond, don't get all upset when I don't immediately follow up, Ok? Hopefully this topic will have fallen off by the time I get back. I really do look forward to being completely ignored by you in the next thread where Israel or those damned, dirty Arabs comes up...

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!