View Single Post
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 01:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
I think what you're saying about being tortured by immortality is more a problem of either consciousness in general (which makes it irrelevant in some ways) or just the general psychology of people -- which can probably be influenced by having computers for brains.
Having computers for brains, in my opinion, transcends the definition of human, as the brain is the seat of conciousness. But that's simply my opinion, I'm sure many people would argue that you remain human.

Quote:
Well i dont really see the difference if we were human on the outside but elephant on the inside.
If you had an elephant brain in a human body, that would be one thing, but a human brain in a mechanical/cybernetic body is still, in my opinion, human.

Quote:
furthermore you've said things like, if we were immortal, then society would stagnate and there would be no reproduction; isn't that something non-human?
I suppose it could be. But is that neccessarily something good?

Quote:
Reproduction is really just a vehicle for survival, immortality renders it useless ;o change/reproduction could occur in other forms by advancements in technology etc. It could get to the point where people are just robots and build other robots or do other things to other robots whatever robots wanna do.
By robots, you mean artifical lifeforms that evolve instead of us?