View Single Post

McMock is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2004, 09:21 PM       
It's not like getting banned on a forum is hardcore. Especially not if it wasn't even your intention. If you did not want to get banned, and you got banned anyway, it looks to me like you're being the loser here. Not at all something to be proud about.

Oh but I understand. This is a way of proving to us that you are not a nerd. That there's true rebel blood in your veins. That we have all been deluded in our previous thought about you, and that you are really an internet hardliner who breaks forums and complies to nobody!

You shouldn't BE proud about meaningless crap like this. First of all, it makes it harder to be proud of the stuff that really is worthy because you'll be so damn pleased with yourself over the lame stuff, you probably won't even attempt anything big. Secondly, it shows very clearly to all that this is an issue of concern with you. That you CARE about whether or not we think you're some kind of rebel. It shows that this IS a big deal to you, and makes it so all the people to whom this is not a big deal instantly recognise you as a poser and a loser.

This reminds me of the 'I had a blowjob' thread yesterday, which was also radiating with incredible pride. These things can be very telling, and you should learn to constrain yourself better if you want to be respected more.

Sometimes, all you need in order to look smart is knowing what stupid things not to say.