View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 11:17 AM       
If they do a lot of mail/FAX/phone order business (and it sounds from your description that they do) they will probably not even notice the error until they do a cycle count and/or account reconciliation. Trouble is that this occurred toward the end of a month, and that's typically when this accounting takes place. Depending on how efficient the operation is, this could be done within a few days, or within a couple of weeks. Either way, you should wait at least that long witn the funds available.

I'm not sure, but I think they need to contact you even if they notice the error within a day or two - I do not believe it is legal to charge a credit card without written or verbal authorization by the cardholder at the time of the transaction. An unreputable business may try to circumvent this, but it sounds as if these guys are on the up and up.

I agree with the moral part of this quandry. You're prepared to pay 1100 bucks, then end up paying 10%, what do you do? If it were me, I would probably call them myself, seeing as it would cause me to lose sleep at night. But then, I'm constantly afraid the IRS is going to come and repossess my house simply because I do my own taxes.
You may already be there.