View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:05 PM       
I'm digging Call of Pripyat off and on.

One thing I noticed is that there aren't any artifacts, or if there are they're really shitty and pump you full of radiation, which is never worth it.

I read something about having to use that weirdo flip-up sensor thing to find them, but I'm a hardcore shootin' motherfucker and Call of Pripyat is a lot less brutal than Shadow of Chernobyl, so I don't think being a superhuman death machine via radioactive magic is really necessary. It also makes artifacts seem like more of a commodity among Stalkers when you can't just walk outside and pick up a ridiculously good one while tiptoeing through the tulips.

I do miss being able to sprint forever, though. Even if you have an energy drink IV drip going you still have to stop for a breather every 40 feet.

Also, there's one mission early on in the game where a mob boss hires you to gun down a camp full of innocent rookie Stalkers, and you can opt to betray him instead and kill his whole hit squad. Buuuuuuuuut after I did that I went back to the place where he was chilling to see if I could kill him, too, and take all his mad mafia loot. He proceeded to amiably chat about the weather to me, despite the fact that I had just murdered all of his goons and exposed him as a royal dickhead to everyone else at his camp. So, yeah, maybe still a few bugs to work out, but it wouldn't be STALKER if everything worked like it was supposed to. Speaking of which, the dialogue is still at the mercy of Google Translator.