View Single Post

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 02:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
But the question is, what is "average"? People's roles in society have changed drastically. If you tell someone something offensive, I can guarantee you that girls and guys will get upset by it.

What is "girl" clothes? Girls wear clothes that were once considered "guy" clothes. Why can't guys do the same? It's only cloth and really the purpose of clothes is to keep us warm.

People don't necessarily act certain ways to "be special". If a guy cries, chances are he's doing it because of the way he is emotionally and not because he thinks "Oh, this'll make me unique! Look at me!"

Basically from what you've said, I've gotten that you think that girls misinterpret things, get fussy, and need to do the talking while you smile and nod. I also got that you think that guys either are not as emotional or react physically when upset.

If that's not what you meant, sorry. But that seems to me to be a pretty sweeping generalization of both genders. You mention that you have friends of both genders who break this mold and that you don't mind as it makes them unique. Fine, but then you say that it's an "issue" when teenage boys act "effeminate". Every person's unique. You said so yourself! So what's the difference?

I just hate it when people make sweeping generalizations about groups of people.
I base these conclusions off of what I envision normal behavior for men and women to be, which society seeks to change in two ways.

Look at the wikipedia article for the female brain and the male brain compared -- chemicals are different in these two which actualize different feelings and reactions to things.

Males have inherently different base than females -- it's science.

The notion that women should pursue careers over family orientated goals and be looked down upon for not doing so is absurd; the notion that men should behave like women, be more moderated in their behavior and emasculated is what I oppose.

Individuals will always be different but we are seeing generations of people enslaved to a cultural concept that is equally as ridiculous as that of the 1950s that acted as if women were incapable of performing jobs as well as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Ah, so you don't want people discussing your philosophy. You just want people to start questioning the power structure, whatever that means.

They have people who do that for a living.

Well there you go. If you were going to one-up that nefarious cad, Tadao, you would use the girl you settled with because you had to sleep with someone.
Well, discuss the philosophy and re-interpret it, do whatever you want; I just think the heirarchy of the world today needs to be destroyed and we need to end the current hegemony of pop culture. We need to end the way that the education system indoctrinates kids into a culture of meaninglessness and sensitivity.

We need to end the government's roles within our lives.

Do you agree with any of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
lol, splitting hairs.

I like how if you attack his philosophy you are just splitting hairs. YOU HAVENT ATTACKED THE ESSSSEEENCE.

Soooo original ;\
Hey now, Kahl, it is splitting hairs.

I do not believe in forcing roles down anyones throats but I feel that the current system is forcing roles as it stands.