View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:42 PM       
I know I mentioned this in another thread but didn't thomas jefferson say that the newspaper is the most important part of a democracy? lol

It's kind of ridiculous to have a system based on giving stupid people the right to involve themselves in an issue that requires a certain amount of intellect. Newspapers are supposed to inform the democratic masses so that they can make "reasonable" decisions. This is why democracy, among many other reasons, fails. As long as we have stupid people making decisions then we are going to have stupid decisions with bad results.
The only remedy is intelligent, informed people, but for the most part that's not really in the "Government's" "best interest". It's also not in the interest of the masses who are more interested in sex than anything else. I guess that's what happens when you have a system of government not only based on stupid people's decisions but also on providing their animal instincts with everything it could possibly desire for personal profit and self gain. Our country is basically ran by animals.