Thread: Dexter
View Single Post
Lemonade Hand Grenade
MikeeTeevee is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
This new season feels pretty weak to me. Dexter seems less like a sociopathic killer and more like a socially awkward killer.
I think Dexter is a serial killer who needs to understand a moral reason for killing people so as not to get caught, not because he has a conscience.

Spoilers!

He confesses that without Harry's code he wouldn't have a band of strict ethics to stop him frying in the chair. He still actually kills. We assume that the compulsion often overrides his enforced moral ethics, otherwise he'd.....simply give up wouldn't he? We know he misses crucial emotions that society would definately consider 'normal'

Spoilers!

I understand where you are coming from, though in terms of 'socially awkward' but I put this down to sloppy script and tense. I'm bored of being taken to the edge of the 'will he or won't he get caught?' storyline, because it leaves you exhausted to the point where you start thinking 'he can't get caught because the series is a hit' - I'm striving to see Dexter evolve, which Season 3 seems to portray. Miguel is an interesting character. See how it goes.