View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2007, 01:47 PM        Impeach President Bush
I can't believe I'm even saying this, and 6 months ago I would've argued against it, but President Bush must have charges brought against him. After reading stories like this one every day, I'm left wondering if this president has any regard at all for the U.S. Constitution.

As I've said in the past--I don't hate him, I don't think he's OMG the worst ever!!, but he is setting dangerous precedent on multiple levels. If we do, God forbid, elect a real power monger one day, President Bush will in many ways have enabled that man (or woman's!) reign.

He needs to be held in account for these domestic spying programs, and it needs to happen now. President Bush is out of step with most of the country on most issues. I don't think that's always a crisis, but when the constitution is called into question, it becomes one. We can't wait until 2009 (that's when he loses power, folks) to have a referendum on this. it needs to happen sooner.

Maybe some of the more conservative/libertarian mockers can talk me off the ledge, but I doubt it...