View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 11:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I like the gang/team idea as well. It would have to be watched closely of course, or as Chojin said, it could work out in the opposite direction as it was intended.
Yeah, I could see something like that turning into elitist cliques that would steer more people away from the forums rather than bring 'em in. It'd have to be handled carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a sports board added. Some of the best flames and smack I have ever seen come from sports discussion boards. There's something about sports (especially collegate sports) that brings out many peoples inner flaming troll (usually with entertaining results). Not sure how popular a sports board would be here though.
I've never done a sports forum because, I dunno, I-Mockery just doesn't seem like a big sports fan place. If enough people really want a forum to discuss that shit, I guess I could set one up at some point to see how it goes, but since our site draws in a lot of movie/comic/gaming geeks, I'm not sure how many of those people would want to talk about sports. Tell ya what, how about you start up an all-purpose thread called "THE SPORTS THREAD" in general blabber and see how that goes. If it does well enough and enough people are into it, maybe we'll set up a sports test forum for a while. Try the single thread first though...