View Single Post
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 10:20 PM       
to be honest, i fucking hated it
which really got under my skin since i was really looking forward to it, and the previous two were so good

the generic bomb plot, the rehashing of the league of shadows,i hated how dumbed down everyone had to be for things to work in the movie

the characterisation was the worst aspect to me:
bane being nothing more than a dumb goon following orders (like schumacher's version), instead of the brilliant tactician he's supposed to be; in place of the venom angle, he's breathing pain killers because he has a cut on his face (making him look especially weak compared to two-face and joker, who had far worse injuries)...and yet he has super strength for no apparent reason
and his relationship to "talia" is straight out of that lame bond movie the world is not enough (which rises may just be a remake of)
his origin is stripped from him and given to talia, even though several times earlier in the movie this is said otherwise

next is bruce/batman-being some mopey, deadbeat quitter really pissed me off
he lets wayne enterprises go broke, lets all his money get stolen, and quits being batman because his would be girlfriend gets killed
he's supposed to be this brilliant guy, and he makes nothing but bad decisions in the movie:all but reveals himself as batman to selina in the dumbest of ways, trusting in selina despite all the shit she did to him, going head to head w/ bane in name only in such a sloppy manner, and quitting again and leaving his gadgets and whatnot to a beat cop
and the ending; he's supposed to be dead yet he's in europe, surrounded by thousands of people who know who he is and he's just supposed to blend in?

john blake-he saw bruce wayne once when he was a kid, so he knew he was batman...i'm supposed to buy this shit?
he's some jerk off beat cop, with no real experience in...anything, and he's the new batman? bullshit
oh, and his name's actually robin in some half assed attempt to work that character in
and to top it off, the schmuck wants to play batman in the justice league movie

the movie is just over loaded with flawed logic, and it came off as michael bay's attempt at a batman movie