View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 11:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
So in short its not a crime to own a copy of the new Wolfenstein with swastikas? Just selling it is?
As far as I know it would be against the law to buy one now that it has been banned. It always takes a while untile they get around to ban it. Selling it here in germany is not allowed no. The german version of the new Wolfenstein was modified, they removed the swastikas (or Hakenkreuz, as it is called here) and modified the names and some of the WW2-Posters in the game...the Nazis are the "Wolfpack" in the german version

Funny thing is, they apparently forgot ONE swastika in one level and they had to pull ALL the games from the shelves and as far as I know the didn´t re-release it...strange things can happen here, indeed.

To finally answer your question: You could get problems if customs cought a german importing banned games but you can still get them here and there. Just owning them won´t get you in much trouble though, especially not if they have nothing to do with the whole nazi-stuff (which is sick since all you do in those games is KILL nazis, i can´t count the legions of germans I killed in the 20 years of my videogaming career ). To be honest, I don´t know the specific laws concerning these things, nor do I care about them a lot. I play what I want to play and in 9 of 10 cases, the fact that I live in germany won´t stop me from doing that.

By the way, another interesting censoring was "the Darkness", a great game most of you will know. There they changed the heart-eating to soul-eating which is less bloody but WAY more horrifying if you ask me...still, it´s censorship and I don´t do censorship