View Single Post
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Just now back from my kid's first birthday party. I feel absolutely shitty without being able to put a finger on precisely why.

I think it's in part because my dad said things like "keep it moving, get the gifts unwrapped" and other impatient-with-proceedings phrases, and as a result I felt like I was scrambling from gifts to cake to cleanup without anything really sinking in or being enjoyed (at least by me).

Then Mr. Kitsa had a lot to say about how grateful I should be that everyone (including and especially himself) had done me this big favor by showing up, and although I am grateful I also paid for dinner and alcohol at a nice restaurant so I don't feel that people were really 100% put-out by coming.

I guess parties just ultimately end up being a big letdown, nature of the beast. I would have held up a lot better if certain parties had kept their mouths shut.

Happy Baby Birthday day a few days ago