View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 10:13 AM       
Proto; I read your excellent summary of DC's big event and will read the Marvel section later. I wanted to pass on some valuable info: If mock pays you even one dollar for this material, or buys you a friggin' cookie by ways of thanks, ALL your comic book costs become tax deductable as long as you report your meager freelance earnings. I shit you not. They are "Books and other media" used ffor "research" and are a totally legitmate expense.

In addition, Wonder Woman offing maxwell Lord with no remorse or pause (and lets face it, she would have been dumb to do anything else) makes her twice the stone hotty she was before she did it, and she was kind of hot to begin with. And yes, I do understand she isn't real.

POSSIBLE LATER COP OUT! Do you think somehwere down the line some cowardly editor will reveal the Lord forced WW to kill him with his MIND POWERS?!

Plus; here's some oldster factoids you and your readers may find interesting. Brother Eye and OMAC are references/updates/homages/lifts from a Silver Age jack Kirby future scenario. OMAC stood for One man Army Corps, and he had a huge ass mowhawk.

There's also a well substantiated rumor that all thee plotlines can be explained by the current DC editiors pathalogical hatred of Keith Giffen.

Sue Dibny was brought out of compete obscurity by Giffen and made the voice of reason during his long run on JLA. Now she's raped, dead and mutilated in that order.

Max lord was a comedy relief character created by Giffen. Now he's a dead supervillian.

Blue Beetle, an obscure Charlton hero created by none other than Spiderman artist Steve Ditko was, albeit briefly, made a major DC player by Giffen. Now he's dead.

Booster Gold, a very stupid charcater was made interesting and amusing by giffen who turned him into first a greedy, idiotic foil for Blue Beetle, and most recently a gigolo. Now? He's being recast as a serious hero and little will be said of his marriage to an rich octagenarian.

Guy Gardner should watch his ass. Giffen didn't create him, but he sure invented his personality.