View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 06:23 PM       
That's DAMN nice to know about the comic book thing, but I don't know if I'd actually do that. I'd feel kind of like a skeeze or something doing that. :/

And I'm glad you enjoyed the DC part of the article--you're probably the only person who's actually read it!

I think it's great that Wonder Woman killed Max Lord, but I wouldn't be surprised at ALL if your prediciton about the mind control thing turns out to be right.

I actually discovered that fact about the OMACs during my research on the article but decided it would lengthen the article too much to throw all that stuff in there, and it wouldn't have added much to the description of this current story.

Now I didn't realize ANY of that stuff about Keith Giffen and how he had a hand in all that stuff back when. That's definitely an interesting theory!

What are your thoughts on Guy Gardner anyway? I really can't stand the guy...and 90% of that is probably because of that stupid Moe haircut and the fact that every artist draws him with the exact same self-righteous smirk on his face.

There was a scene in OMAC Project that absolutely cracked me up. I wanted to include it in the article, but I didn't think other people would find it as funny as I did, and I also figured it would require too much off-topic explanation. Wonder Woman is helping Booster Gold investigate the Blue Beetle's death while none of the other major heroes really give a shit, and while they're flying through space all of a sudden Guy Gardner comes swooping in. He and Wonder Woman have a little altercation and Guy Gardner eventually convinces Booster that WW was never part of their league of crappier characters and that HE'LL help out with the investigation instead. So they just kind of fly off together and do everything but shout out "NO GIRLS ALLOWED!" as they fly back into Earth's atmosphere and leave WW just kind of drifting by herself in orbit. The situation just struck me as so juvenile and contrived that it made me laugh out loud. If one of the biggest three heroes in the world actually WANTS to help you out with something, AND if she happens to be obscenely hot, YOU FUCKING LET HER COME ALONG.