View Single Post

MEATMAN is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 11:01 AM       
Update:

The first book I've read, The Reference Shelf: Animal Rights and Welfare, copyright 1991, editor Jeanne Williams (no author), can be broken down into the following categories: five animal rights essays, three of them ludicrous, one to the point of absurdity; four animal medical research essays, two showing accomplishments of such and two showing attempted squelching of such, all on the welfare side; one rather neutral one (imagine my surprise!) on research alternatives; one pathetic sounding plea for attention by Jane Goodall; one on the attacks on the fur industry, animal welfare; one on the chicken industry, neutral, leaning towards welfare; one about attacks and harrassment of hunters, animal welfare, but not fully; one on the history of research using animals, neutral; one on the myths of the animal rights movement, obviously welfare; one on the history of the animal rights movement, neutral, heavily leaning toward welfare; and 28 miscellaneous articles of unknown origin. If anyone wants specific of any of the above, let me know.