View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 03:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
It's banned now. It was on the shelves for a couple weeks, as I understand it.
Funny story more or less. Since you arenīt allowed to show swastikas in videogames over here (theyīre not considered to be "Art" like movies), they removed them from the game. So far so good. But with the newer Wolfensteins, they also removed the fact that youīre fighting Nazis altogether. In the german Version of Wolfenstein you fight...you guessed it - "The Wolfpack", some obscure military regime or something like that. All the Naziguys are called Wölfe (Wolfs) and Deathshead (which is still a darn stupid play on words for Totenkopf which simply means Skull) is the Leitwolf, the Packleader so to speak.

At least thatīs what I read, I never played the german versions of those games (the smart german videogamer is not only more or less fluent in english but also knows where to get his imports from).

Concerning the ban...well, someone at Activision forgot to remove one of the swastikas in one level and there you go - Activision pulled it from the market and isnīt sure theyīll invest the time and money to produce ANOTHER cut version of the game. And thatīs the story of why you canīt buy Wolfenstein 2009 in Germany.

While Iīm at it. Of course it is extremely funny for a german to hear the feeble attempts of WW2-Movie-America to sound all evil and german in videogames and stuff. But please. If you want to get someone to do something fast while speaking german...there are more words than "Schnell, Schnell!" to communicate that. Noticed that again when one of those faceless troopers was controlling the truck B.J. was in.

"WHAT! Get out of sä truck! SCHNELL!" No, Mr. Nazigrunt, itīs not Schnell, itīs "sofort"

Ah well, sorry for the slightly garbled post, itīs early and Iīm still tired.