View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 07:01 AM       
I'm still reeling from years ago when my ex and I were having a "meeting of the parents" dinner at the local Japanese hibachi restaurant. His mom and my parents were there, and we were (ok, I was, but that's a story for another time) paying.

Now, we were pretty young, and I thought that it was a given that everyone should go fairly conservative. Not "no thanks, I'll just have water" conservative, but the cheapest entree was $18, you know? I stupidly believed in common sense.

Well, what we hadn't prepared for was that his mother was going to go a little nuts with the menu. I don't know if she honestly figured she'd go all-out, or if she was using the excuse of someone paying to order everything she'd ever wanted, or if she was trying to impress with eating off big sushi boats, or what. She ordered all kinds of sushi, drinks, and then a big dinner platter with seafood. We were horrified. I was trying to mentally add up all of this and whether what I had in my bank account would cover it. My parents ended up slipping me some cash under the table.

Yeah, that was a relationship that didn't last.