View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 06:05 AM       
Preechr - That Zionist entity is used as an excuse for age old hatred that pre-dates 1948. Can you reason that Islamic presecution existed towards Jews before modern Israel? Your statement was absurd. Even your questions are absurd.... do I have to believe Arabs and Jews are "feuding" to acknowledge an endless list of Islamic persecution of Jews since the Koranic era? Why is that even a question? The cool thing is, there have also been times of great tolerance, especially from the Persians who helped Jews rebuild the Second Temple. So what's it gonna take? A return to that type of tolerance, and love for humanity.

You'll have to forgive me...I've never heard of "Gush Eminem", but I'm sure it's the settlement right next to "Gush Reeses pieces". I imagine you're taking a bad translation and referencing an actual place, but I can only find some mentions of it on sketchy anti-Israel sites.

Either way - comparing Jews waiting for the Messiah to an Islamic Twelver is very misinformed. Firstly, the belief in the messiah is a basic tenant of mainstream Judaism, it's not specific to any one denomination, or political ideology. "Twelvers" is a belief only specific to Shiites, but not even all Shiites, and it's heavily disputed, even blacklisted in other Islamic communities. If you're outed as a twelver in Egypt you can have your life ruined. When Jews "prepare for the Messiah" it's reflective of their own behavior. There is no belief for example, that the Messiah will not arrive until Christians, Buddhists, and Muslims behave a certain way. That burden falls strictly on the Jewish people. That's different then the Muslim belief of imposing Islam as a goal to trigger some event. It doesn't sound like you really know why religious settlers believe they need to live in the Biblical location of Judea and Samaria.

Kahl - Cain and Abel, Isaac and Ishmael...I think it's has more to do with different phillosophies surrounding stories and characters shared by these three major religions...I believe Moses is mentioned in the Koran more then anyone, and Islam shares many of the same prophets....so sure, there's some animosity over who can be blamed for perverting their name, or turning their backs on other beliefs. Cain and Abel is mostly interesting in that it teaches us how to reflect on entitlement and punishment. Both religions have fundamental differences on who must be blamed before a "salvation" can occur.

....but to begin with, it's foolish to say "Arabs and Jews hate each other". Intolerant people hate other people who aren't the same as them. You don't need to source the bible for that one.