View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 06:23 PM       
Speaking of call centers....

My friend ordered one of those 11" Alienware laptops from Dell. So about a week after he orders it, the order gets canceled. So he calls Dells 'support' and asks why his order gets canceled.

Outsourced call center worker with Indian accent: Yes I see the trouble, your order was canceled by dell.com.

Friend: I know this, I want to know why it was canceled.

Outsourced call center worker with Indian accent: Hold please while I find out

(10 minutes on hold later)

Outsourced call center worker with Indian accent: Yes your order was canceled by Dell.com

Friend: We have established this. Why was it canceled?

Outsourced call center worker with Indian accent: Hold please while I find out

(10 more minutes on hold passes)

Outsourced call center worker with Indian accent: Yes your order was canceled by Dell.com

friend: I want to talk to your supervisor

(20 minutes on hold later)

Outsourced call center supervisor with Indian accent: How may I help you?

friend: I want to know why my order was canceled.

Outsourced call center supervisor with Indian accent: Yes your order was canceled by dell.com

This goes on a bit longer and he finds out he turned off his land line phone and that sets off a flag with anything you finance until your new phone number is updated into your information that the creditors have.

After hearing this story, I tell my friend, "Well and good, but why after the 3rd 'your order was cancelled by dell.com' did you not tell them, "listen, you tell me 'your order was canceled by dell.com' one more fucking time and I swear i will call Pakistan and give them the launch codes"?"