View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 09:02 AM       
Kev, first of all, I want to think you for sticking with this. I ignored the thread initially becuase I figured from the tile it would have to do with some group of senators and reps obession with how evil the moonies were, not the complete reverse.

I heard some of this info on "The Daily Show" last night, and have now educated myself on it via your thread and links, so now I can say with authority

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Moon has always been creepy deluxe, and he has an awful lot of money, but I didn't have any understanding just how far out he'd gone. The most disturbing aspect of this is it's bipartisan nature.

That speaks to me of two very disturbing possabilities.

1.) The representatives involved consider themselves sufficiently bought and paid for to participate in and then deny something they are well aware is totally creepy, wrong, and bizarre. If they'll crown cult leader messiah for money, what else will they do for it and what else are they doing?

or

2.) They are actually true believers and secretly follow Moon.

To say that they didn't know Moon was a whacko and a convicted criminal and that they just thought they were nicely attending a service for a community leader is crap. Find me anyone who isn't a moooney that doesn't know moon is a cult leader, and you've found me someone too stuppid to hold public office.