View Single Post
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 12:26 AM       
Silent Hill 2 is essentially a non-terrible Halloween 3 of the SH series. Well, it was until SH4. It's just a really solid stand-alone game. The town is the antagonist and everything that James sees is a manifestation of his own guilt. You can even explain the scantily-clad nurses in that way, even though they pop up in every other game in the series. It's all about confronting one's demons, and that's what every character trapped in the town is doing. I agree with Hadas in that it's cool that there's no stupid child-God or anything over the top like that.

While we're on the subject... I didn't mind SH4 as much as some people seem to. It was pretty shitty compared to what I'd played in the series before, but it's not entirely unplayable based on its own merits.

That was very funny. Well done.