View Single Post

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:27 PM        Pern
I'll grant you that. You are far less nutty than that guy.

The difference between the two first and foremost is geography. It's much easier for bin Laden to isolate himself and use the terrain to his advanage that it was for Saddam in an urban setting.

I don't think Saddam posssess the same cult of personality as bin Laden either. While certainly Saddam had his supporters, he had equally as many enemies. Ultimately someone was going to crack and pick money over loyalty. bin Laden on the other hand is much more reverred. His following of supporters in my opinion are much more loyal than Saddams. While Saddams loyalist where loyal to the man, bin Laden's circle is loyal to the idea and that idea with religious backing is much more powerful.

But regardless, that's getting away from my point. What I'm saying is that I am 99.9% positive that there is no way that the U.S. military or any other foreign force for that matter could capture bin Laden and keep it quite more than a week. If it were U.S. led, it would require a major movement much like the Saddam operation was and would be picked up by every journalist trailing the team in the region. If he were picked up by another country, say Pakistan for example, they'd be quick to claim their fame by rounding up the worlds most wanted man.

There will be no "hiding" his capture until the opportune moment.