View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:24 PM       
It actually happens a lot. Tell someone you're allergic to shrimp (which, by the way, is also true) and they act very understanding. Tell someone you're allergic to honey and they roll their eyes...who the hell is allergic to honey?

I carry an allergy kit with me. As soon as I feel something happening, I take a pill and usually that stops it. If it doesn't, I have additional pills and an inhaler. Failing all that, I have an epi-pen. It's a sinister-looking thing and I'm afraid of it.

Anyway, the restaurant situation is complicated. I am trying to keep family happy by keeping family friends happy. The family friend in question makes all the restaurant selections, is a force to be reckoned with, is a senior citizen and is in poor health. I'm not in quite the "screw you, I'm not going there" position I'd like to be in. It was very much a keep-the-peace thing, where I vowed to avoid the honey dessert (and any possible honey-containing breads or lunchmeats) and keep my trap shut.

It would have gone quite well this time if not for the hair.