View Single Post
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 03:44 AM       
since this is everyone's favorite game in the universe here's some i-mockery exclusive developer commentary

this game was coded over the course of 3 days, though we poked at it for about a week. for 3 weeks we didn't have any ideas. whenever i tried to think of something april fools related my mind automatically snapped to space invaders instead. i was really into space invaders in march.

the points were a last second afterthought that i added without mentioning. roger didn't actually see the final version before uploading it but i think he thought that he just didn't notice. or maybe he didn't care we didn't talk about it. it's equal to the number of medals you've unlocked and was there for people who didn't have newgrounds accounts to have something interesting to look at, though without knowing even a hint of what you were supposed to be doing to achieve them i figured a 12/12 would never happen. that's kind of a joke too i guess.

one of the medals was originally going to be to find the 3 shadowgate references that i added but we decided it was not something the average person would notice or care about.

the only artwork in the game that i created was the whiteboard drawing.

when opening the bathroom door the text reads "the bathroom room door is opened room." this was originally an error but i left it in there figuring noone would ever notice. i don't think anyone did i'm not sure.

the music that plays when you press start was intended to loop the entire time you were playing but it was so unbearable i couldn't test the game without shutting the music off. the looping was dropped before release.

the typo on the death screen was originally an actual typo, but when i questioned it roger decided to keep it to teach me a lesson in complacency.

i had a lot of trouble sleeping during the development period because i kept seeing fishhooks stabbing me whenever i closed my eyes.

here is a super walkthrough to get a perfect score and become the ultimate dinosaur.
Spoilers!