View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 12:14 AM       
I've been to two trick or treating events so far (Thursday, Saturday) and I'm noticing a definite theme with the candy. It's all been the cheapo stuff -- dum-dum pops and smarties -- almost exclusively. In the entire haul, I would estimate that a good 80% of it was dum dums and smarties. The remaining 20% was mostly 3-inch twizzlers, those packets of 2 sweetarts, and the itty-bitty (1/3 the size of "fun size") candy bars. My kid got one mini pack of M&Ms, one reese's cup, one package of McDonald's cookies, and a bag stuffed full of ads and useless coupons and other nonsense. What kid is going to give a rat's ass about "20% off all shoe purchases over $150 before November 2nd"?

One lady gives out dum-dums every year, but I give her credit...she wraps each one in a white paper napkin, ties it with an orange, black or purple yarn bow, and draws a little face on it. I have no idea how long it must have taken her but she had a large box full of hundreds of little lollipop-ghosts.

But screw those jerks who list their store on the trick-or-treating map and then just give the kids an ad stuffed in their buckets