Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 09:57 PM       
When I said "anything goes", I didn't mean that it can be viewed as another form of contraception. I believe quite the opposite, actually. I think that in the case of accidental pregnancies where the quality of life for the mother is at risk, it should be permissible. Lets just say, for example, that there is a young couple in love and they decide to have sex before marriage. Knowing the risks, they buy condoms. They screw, and then find that the condom broke. They are afraid of telling thier parents, but more afraid of what this will mean for their lives. They are both still in High School, and having a child will ruin any chances of them graduating. Then the baby will be born and they can put it up for adoption, but the damage has been done. Many schools suspend or even expel teenage parents nowadays, so they have missed out on at least nine months of education. Their lives will never be the same again.

Now lets step back a moment. Back to when they found out the condom broke. The become scared, but the next day the go together to their local abortion clinic, make an appointment, have the abortion, and never have pre-marital sex again. Tell me how that can be viewed as a problem.