View Single Post
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 10:53 PM       
I think it's actually pretty awesome. It can't get worse than Harper running around acting like he has a majority (he keeps forgetting that he does not) or a mandate (not winning a majority in the last election is a huge failure... if he couldn't truly beat Dion, you could probably run a donkey against him and he'd still come out with just a minority).

The Bloc realizes that there's no way that they'll ever get Quebec to separate. The separatist movement is dead. Economically and politically, there is no way that Quebec could ever separate from Canada... or any other province, for that matter, regardless of how much whiners in BC and Alberta complain. The Natives would simply wave their treaties around and stick with Canada... there goes 3/4 of the part of Quebec with all the natural resources. The Bloc is still a regional interest party, yes, but it's more along the lines of "what can we get for our province over and above what everyone else gets." How is that different from the Conservatives which have their base in Western Canada?

Western Canada's voice consists of what, too? Rednecks who should never be listened to under any circumstances. I live in Winnipeg, so we're right on the edge of it. Last time I checked, Manitoba is counted as part of the West and we have several Liberal and NDP seats. Everyone west of us is an uneducated hick and/or farmer.

Dion will be replaced since the rules of the Liberal party say that you have to have a leadership review or step down if you ever lose an election. Harper thought that he could make a power grab and get a majority, so he broke his own personal law mandating fixed election dates and called an election a year early. He gambled with $300M of taxpayers' dollars and lost. Complaining now about a coalition government being undemocratic is the ridiculous part of it all, since he was SPECIFICALLY asking for one a few years ago himself.